Please send all resumes and cover letters to: Careers@thepublicnotice.org
We are seeking to fill an a passionate and persuasive Social Media Engagement Specialist to join its cutting-edge social media action center. We are a media/public relations non-profit organization that informs the public about key economic and fiscal issues.
- Monitor and analyze daily social media conversations
- Develop social media content (written, graphics-based, video) for various outlets
- Engage activists and influencers directly
- Brainstorm and execute creative issue campaigns across multiple digital channels regularly
- 1-3 years of experience in digital media communications roles
- Proven track record of creative, outside-the-box thinking
- Strong interest in finding new ways to share and promote content using technology and the web
- Desire to communicate economic policies to mainstream audiences
- Experience writing compelling copy for online audiences
- Hill, campaign, or issue advocacy experience a plus
- Web development experience, content management software like WordPress or Drupal, preferred
- Experience with graphic design (Photoshop) preferred
Online Analytics & Advertising Coordinator
We are seeking to fill an Online Analytics & Advertising Coordinator position to monitor, manage, and coordinate online communications outreach. It is our mission to engage Americans on today’s policies and avoid tomorrow’s problems through education and awareness projects.
- Provide in-depth, weekly reports to senior staff on key online metrics, including social media channels, website analytics, email marketing, and paid advertising campaigns.
- Provide recommendations for improvement and optimization based off of weekly reports on online metrics
- Plan, implement, and optimize numerous paid advertising campaigns on diverse channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, YouTube, Google, OutBrain, as well as others
- Help maintain, organize, and improve organization’s CRM database.
- Assist with website optimization experiments, content experiments, and other A/B testing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- A working knowledge of fiscally conservative/free market issues is preferred
- Familiarity with population segmentation, interest, and behavioral targeting and self-service advertising platforms is required
- Strong knowledge of digital media, experience running effective online advertising campaigns, and a firm grasp of the fundamentals of sound content marketing is required
- Previous experience working within a campaign or in an issue advocacy capacity is preferred
- Previous work experience with services such as Google Adwords, Facebook advertising, Twitter advertising, analytics engines such as Tableau, Google Analytics, Topsy Pro and SQL databases is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with analytics and modeling tools such as STATA is a plus
- Eager to learn and develop new skills
- Fluent in CRM uses and segmentation tools to build possible advertising audiences
- Comfortable with all Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, and ability to build pivot tables and track large amounts of data
- Experience tracking and optimizing online ad campaigns
We are seeking to fill various internship positions. Interns will have a variety of responsibilities depending on what is most needed on a given day, such as assisting with written policy messages, strategies for written communication, press outreach, and administrative tasks. Interns will work mainly with the Policy team and Digital Media team. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree (or within one year of graduation) in relevant field
- Outstanding research and communications skills
- Preference for working in a fast-paced work environment
- A personal political philosophy compatible with the organization’s mission and public policy objectives
- Self-motivated, organized team player, with a high sense of urgency, and passion for economic freedom
Qualified candidates will be excited to contribute to a growing organization, a strong sense of professional and ethical responsibility. Must be able to work independently and on a team while handling multiple projects.
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to: Careers@thepublicnotice.org. We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V